Do you have PS4 Error CE-30005-8 and can’t start the app? This error code appears when trying to launch an app on a PS4 console. The game or app won’t open and will show a message with the issue.
This error usually happens when players are attempting to launch an incompatible app on their PS4. Not all PS4 games are compatible with all firmware versions, so confirm the game is compatible before trying to open it.
In this article, we’ll discuss various solutions for the PS4 Error CE-30005-8, so you can keep enjoying your favourite games and apps without any issues!
Seeing error CE-30005-8? You’re in the right spot! Here’re some steps to fix it. Let’s sort it out on your PS4. Let’s go! Get it running again swiftly.
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
- Step 5
Check your PS4’s system software version
To fix the PS4 error CE-30005-8, check your PlayStation 4’s system software version. Go to “Settings” in the main menu, and select “System Software“. If an update is available, install it. This usually resolves issues caused by outdated or corrupted software files.
Sometimes, the error appears even if you have the latest system software version. In this case, check other applications or services your game may be using. Then restart and repair the application data on your PlayStation 4. For details on how to do this, read our step-by-step instructions.
Check your game’s version
The PlayStation 4 (PS4) is a beloved gaming console that can experience errors occasionally. Error CE-30005-8 usually occurs when attempting to boot up an application and it fails due to incompatibility between the system software and the game’s version. Here are some steps to help troubleshoot the issue:
- Check your game’s version. Ensure that the version on your console matches the newest one from the PlayStation store. Some older versions of games may not work with the latest PS4 system software, so updating your title may fix the problem.
- Restart your system software. Reboot your console by going to ‘Power’ in Settings, then selecting ‘Restart PS4’ or ‘Turn Off Power’.
- Update your system software (optional). Many users have fixed this error by upgrading their PS4 systems’ firmware, though Sony has implemented backups prevention measures in recent updates. If none of these steps are working, check for updates on PlayStation Network.
Check your internet connection
Having trouble with your Internet? Don’t despair! The first step is to make sure the connection is healthy. Remember, Internet connections can be unreliable, so not every issue is obvious.
To test your connection, check the LED lights on your modem and router. If you have an Ethernet cable, check that it is working properly. You may need to replace the cable if it is degraded.
If you use Wi-Fi, walk around your house to test signal strength. See if it improves or worsens in certain areas. Also, turn off other devices connected to the internet, then check if this affects your main device. If your router has multiple antenna ports, try switching between them.
Finally, reboot your router and modem. Disconnect/reconnect power. Also, reboot any other devices connected to the internet. This can help reset connections. It might fix slow connections, but can also highlight underlying problems.
Rebuild the database
Experiencing error codes CE-30005-8 and 2023 when trying to start an application on your PS4? You may need to rebuild your console’s database. Re-indexing can help speed it up by sorting data.
Don’t worry! Re-indexing won’t delete any save files, user data, or content from the Playstation Network.
To rebuild the Database:
- Power your PS4 until it beeps twice (takes 7 secs)
- Connect your Dualshock 4 to its USB port, press the PS button
- In Safe Mode, select Option 5: Rebuild Database
- Wait about 10 minutes for the scan process to complete
- You may be asked for a user login verification; select “Yes“
- Select “Restart Now” when done
After these steps, you should be able to launch applications without getting errors CE-30005-8 or 2023 on your PS4 again!
Restore the system
System Restore is a useful technique to fix a computer system. It takes your computer’s operating system to an earlier time, known as a “restore point.” If the system is unstable, it can help get it up and running quickly.
To try restoring the system:
- Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Choose “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and click Next.
- Pick the most recent date on the calendar (preferably before any changes were made). Then, click Next.
- A confirmation window will appear. Tick “Show more restore points”, then press Next and Finish.
- Let your computer reset and finish the process. This could take a few minutes. Please be patient and wait for it to finish before continuing!
The CE-30005-8 error is mysterious. Restoring PS4’s firmware to default could help. The issue might be due to lack of memory, a faulty game disc, or other hardware issues. It’s better to solve the problems one at a time.
To begin, restart the PS4. Reinstall the game and test the hardware. Clean the disk. Reinstall external devices connected to the console. If these steps don’t help, professional repair services may be your only solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is Error CE-30005-8?
A1: Error CE-30005-8 is an error code that indicates a corrupted data or application on your PlayStation 4.
Q2: How do I fix error CE-30005-8?
A2: To fix error CE-30005-8, you should try deleting the corrupted data or application from your PlayStation 4, and then reinstalling it.
Q3: What does error CE-30005-8 mean when it says “Cannot Start Application ”?
A3: This error code indicates that the application you are trying to start is corrupted, and needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled.